Decent cordless Vacuum Cleaner

Got one of those free 3 months ago and its quite nice. Not as good a Sebo x4 though. The Bosch gets used frequently to collect a few bits, the X4 does the main work.

Reply to
dennis

Bosch solved that problem with the Athlete. they shipped it with two washable filters. Easy really.

Reply to
dennis

That would be like our Dysons then. Both with washable filters. And although SWMBO wants me to wash them every three months (not every month), by the time I've finished being busy doing nothing it is in practice every six months. In fact I don't notice a whole lot of difference.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Damn thing blocked up *all* *the* time*. I hated it.

Reply to
Huge

We've just replaced our Dyson DC03. It's done 20 years or so.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

We still have our original DC01 - only ever replaced the belt once, and of course, the filters. My uncle still has his DC01, and it's older than ours.

When he was little, my son used to ride on our old Eureka.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Was it a later bag less model? Mine has the normal paper bags. Which last ages. It does have filters too which get a wash every other bag change or so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, it was a baggy one.

Reply to
Huge

We just bought a Morphy Richards 732006 18V, £55 from Argos. Her indoors is seriously blown away by what it picks up in 15 mins. It means Henry only comes out once a month now. Result.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

When you say reliability, can you be specific on what goes wrong? I do know a couple of people who love them but I guess its how much use they get and what they are being used for that might well be the issue with reliability. Certainly all battery cleaners seem to wear their motors out and eventually their batteries as well. So much so that in the home I still use a couple of mains cleaners. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Maybe so, but the same is still true in the main, especially when tit comes to getting it fixed I find. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I knew a bloke who bought a hoover upright which had been in use for ages with no problems, then one day, his toner cart leaked black dust on his office carpet. The hoover lasted 2 or three minutes before going up in smoke. Did nobody ever tell him that the particle size in toner is mall enough to go through the bag into the motor? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hardly the sort of thing that comes up in everyday conversation between normal people.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

r/

Are we talking about sucking or blowing now and does she have false teeth ;

-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

So are dyson an import or export ? Do we have a trade deal with Malaysia. Does the EU have a trade deal with Malaysia ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

I think those filters for a large Dyson wash more easily than on the little Dyson. I was surprised by how tricky it is to wash the filter but even more surprising was the time it took to dry. The instructions said it would take 24 hours but I dried it on a radiator (which of course is faster than air drying) and it took 2 days.

I think is is a second filter too for exhaust air but by the time I started to think about cleaning that too I decided the Dyson wasn't suitable for us so I never got round to it.

Reply to
pamela

Bit like asbestos then, we brought a special vacuum for cleaning out copiers and printers as we were told toners were mildley cancerogenic and not to breathe in the dust and wear a mask when cleaning up toner spillages.

I think you need a hepa filter for toner otherwise all yuo;re doing is blowing it around your house or office.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Anybody selling kit for decontaminating after burnt toast has been scraped? ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Just scrape it out of the backdoor like normal people :-)

Yes the acrylamide "scare" does the rounds every few years

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd expect these days there should be a warning of that event in the user instructions for both vacuum and printer.

I expect the individual washed his hands in hot water as well?

I don't know without a special vacuum cleaner how joe public is supposed to clean up the mess. Not exactly healthy breathed in.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz