Day rate for fitting a wood burner...

Had a quote to fit a new wood burner. £585

Includes fires boarding above the stove, metal plate and short flue pipe to mate with existing clay liner(with mortar), 2x 45degree bends, one with rodding eye.

Fit and test, certify.

I was shocked when he said it will be done in a day...so i asked what his day rate is - £350

I recon the parts above are no more than a ton...so i think i will be getting myself HETAS certified...cant beat £485 quid for a days work eh?

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

This is a DIY group. Why don't you DIY?

Reply to
harry

"Mr Sandman" wrote: [snip]

Err yes can beat it quite easily.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So?

How far has he had to travel (round trip distance) at at least 40p/mile.= Depreciation on tools, tax, VAT, Public Liablity Insurance, Professional= Liabilty Insurance, Permenant Health Insurance, Professional Body Membership fees, Continuning Professional Development, Site visists to produce quotes/estimates, Advertising.

There are an awful lot of expenses that the self-employed have that the =

employed don't.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If you feel able and you actually want the paperwork, you could do it yourself under building control.

But I suspect that's not what you meant ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

Mine as 750 - and 500 was for 7m or so of stainless liner (I checked the rpiced, seemed to be the going rate). There were a few other fitings to supply and it took the bloke most of the day, so I felt that was pretty decent. He of course was HETAS too.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I feel a wiki article on "why do tradesmen charge so much, are they all rip off merchants?" might be in order given the number of times this comes up ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Feel free to take the above, expand and spull chuck it. B-)

Unpaid should go in front of "site visits to produce quotes/estimates" for a start. Another unpaid activity is doing the admin: raising invoices, paying suppliers, doing tax and VAT returns etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice