Power cuts.

Maybe it's time to make sure you have a few candles and some firewood/ coal in. Bring the barbeque into the living room.....?

Reply to
harry

Now that's sound advice if you want to kill your whole family!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Go for it Harry, nice bit of heat, somwhere to cook.

Oh don't worry about the carbon monoxide, it'll only kill you and everyone else once.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

He could invite some more parasites and hold a FIT party.

Reply to
The Other Mike

And don't forget the kindling as well! We've got loads of firewood, but I was really struggling to light the fire last night as I had to scrabble around the shed for something vaguely useful to start the thing off. And I had no newspaper, and A4 printer paper isn't that good. Oops!

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

if you were quick of the mark you could have got some more from across the road for use next year.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Don't be silly. Sod's law says that they are bound to be complete the wrong sort of wood....

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

One of my friends takes the fluff out of the tumble dryer's filter and stuffs it into empty toilet roll tubes to make little fire-starting 'logs'. Works incredibly well.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I bet he didn't learn that from Ray Mears. Never seen a tumble dryer on the tundra...

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

Well that's obviously because they're nocturnal and experts at camouflage...

I suppose it's a good way of making something out of what might be readily available around the house (well, with a bit of planning, anyway). Me, I just save all the small offcuts from the workshop in a couple of 5 gallon buckets and use those. The lady who used to own our house meanwhile seemed to source her kindling from a local sawmill - there was a good stack of strips with two cut sides and bark on the remainder in the basement when we moved in (the house had a monstrous wood-burning furnace, although it's no longer in use)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I grow my own firewood.

Reply to
harry

Yup, most men can walk past one in their own kitchen and never notice it for decades ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't bet on it. The production and camera crew only travel in luxury motor homes :)

Reply to
alan