CSCS card

Anyone know if you require a CSCS card for carrying out DIY jobs

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I can't think why you would need one for general DIY. Gas, electrics and glazing have their own requirements that can affect DIY but CSCS won't help with those.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

NO. mOST BUILDING SITES REQUIRE THEM.

Reply to
Onetap

From what I can understand if you work in the construction or Building trade you are being asked if you have a CSCS card and to get one you have to take a health & safety test and produce a NVQ plus or some other type of qualification. Someone must know about this on the DIY forum.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

If you are doing DIY jobs then, by definition, you are not working in the construction or building trades and no CSCS required.

Peter.

Reply to
PJK

On Saturday 12 October 2013 10:37 Kipper at sea wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Your own DIY or as a "DIY" aka small jobs as paid occupation (aka The Medway Handyman)?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I have one, I told you. You need one to get onto most building sites. If you're not going onto sites, why would you need one?

Is this some sort of a wind up?

Reply to
Onetap

Is google broken?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

I don't have one. AFAIK I don't need one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try:

The answer is there.

Reply to
Davey

search me look up "rhetorical question" whilst you're doing that ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Arf

(BTW that's just a blank google search box...)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

How do anencephalics get on the Internet?

Reply to
Huge

er... I don't know How do anencephalics get on the Internet??

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Yes, I know. And the answer is no.

Reply to
ARW

Yes, but it does at least provide the resource for researching the question. I don't know how to enter the Subject into the box automatically, although I know it can be done, but I didn't care to go that far.

Reply to
Davey

so you went to the trouble of posting a link that added.. um.. nothing ?!

lazy bastard ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

It's the CRB checks that make me laugh. Called at a school to sort out a problem with the heating. The receptionist asked me if I had been CRB checked and I said Yes. "Then you can have a red visitors pass", gave me a red visitors pass to fill in and let me in into the school with no further questions. Not that having a CRB check makes any difference, if you say you have not been CRB checked you get a blue visitors badge to fill in and then let into the school without any further questions.

Reply to
ARW

I can't imagine a situation where you would, unless you have a very officious wife!

Reply to
John Rumm