Crimped ferrules (?) on ends of 13A cables

I did it earlier with the plastic top off the coffee jar but rarely on any std nuts and bolts. But then I rarely have to think which way to turn a nut or bolt, no matter what way up it or I am. The Mrs often asks me which way to turn on a garden tap or stopcock. My answer is 'the same way you normally undo a tap' but that doesn't seem to help. ;-(

They can be quite aggressive can't they.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

There are very very very few classic cars that will sell for anywhere near the costs of a decent restoration. That can cost at least as much as a decent similar sized car costs new today.

BTW, a classic car asking price if very rarely what it sells for.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cool.

Yes, I have a couple of BMW motorcycles and the local BMW workshops are similar.

And I think many workshops are getting tidier for that very reason.

At the BMW bike place only the workshop manager can wheel customer bikes in and out the workshop. ;-)

Not a bad idea in any case, especially on an otherwise clean tiled or painted floor.

Even better. ;-)

Sounds like you landed on your feet there MM. ;-)

OOI, what were the everyday Germans like to work with and how did you feel they (the Ford workers and general public) treated you in general?

The next time I need something translated on a German BMW motorbike technical manual (or when I restore my Messerschmitt KR200) I'll ask you. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Indeed. The money I saved allowed me, on return, to buy a house without needing a massive mortgage.

They were fine, all of them. They accepted me totally. Unlike the experience, I have to say, of my part-German nephew (my sister married a German), who came to Bristol some years ago to spend a year at university as an exchange student to get an experience of living in the country of his mum's birth. While it was okay at uni, when he started work placement at an English company near Bath he was constantly on the receiving end of "witty" Kraut jokes, and when he said some remarks were OTT they immediately said, oh, we don't mean it really. It's just a joke.

Anyway, it got to him after a while and he went back home. Recently, his professor (researcher in Parkinson's Diesease) was offered a post in England and asked said nephew whether he'd like to go along to assist, nephew declined. And having observed the visceral hatred of foreigners coming from the Brexit camp over these past few weeks I wouldn't recommend ~any~body to come here, quite honestly.

Have you tried Google Translate? It's pretty good for a rough draft. Better than rough, actually.

MM

Reply to
MM