Crimp terminals with pins - what are they called?

I need to crimp terminate some 1.5mm2 braided wire to give a pin that can be plugged in/out of a spring-loaded connector (on some small portable speakers). I don't think the so-called bootlace terminals will work because it looks like the pin is crimped, what I'm thinking of has the crimping area separate from the pin. Suggestions please?

Reply to
NoSpam

Bah - why does that happen? Writing this made me think of the word pin, a search for crimp pin shows that they're called ........ pin terminals!

Apologies for disturbing cyberspace.

Reply to
NoSpam

In message , NoSpam writes

How about "ferrule"

Reply to
geoff

What do you gain? They both need crimping, just with different tools.

Bootlace ferrules are made from a much thinner metal and will crimp quite well with pliers, wire cutters etc. They are primarily intended to keep the strands of flexible wire together. Once they have been correctly tightened up in a screw terminal they are effectively crimped.

Pin crimps need a special tool, which has 2 crimps, one for the wire and one for the insulation. They would make a better job in this instance IMHO.

Reply to
mick

These will be frequently removed/replaced in the connector - it looks like the pin terminals will be more robust. I'm picking some up from Screwfix later today so may get the bootlace type as well, just to compare.

Reply to
NoSpam