Creating a textured finish in emulsion paint

4 or 5 years ago my son had his living room repainted. The decorator used a roller which introduced a slight texture to the finish to hide the perfections in the plastering. The roller produced small 'v' or diamonds in the paint. I have been trying to buy a a roller sleeve to produce the same effect in our own home with no success. I have tried Dulux/Crown/Leyland trade centres in the Newcastle area as well as a independent but they only stocked 'flat' rollers. Can anyone point me to supplier?

George

Reply to
George Sproat

George

When I was young, just after the war, my mother painted our living room with distemper using a roller in which she had cut patterns with a sharp knife. It worked very well.

She was a talented and artistic woman but I can't see why anyone couldn't do it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Elastic bands.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

================================== The process is called 'stippling' and I'm pretty sure that Focus sell rollers in various patterns for the job.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I think I have blagged a suitable roller from a friend, if he ever turns up with it.

Cheers

Reply to
Rey