cost of lawn cutting

Ram, sir?

Reply to
Skipweasel

Childhood holidays in Scotland have proven that sheep will jump barbed- wire-topped stone walls for chocolate.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think thats about what the local gardener charged... Not seen him for a while anywhere though.

Reply to
mogga

We have about 200m2. Local farmer charges £11.

Reply to
Grant

In article , Huge writes

Good grief how large is that then? I can understand they have to factor in travel and if using their own machines etc. but nevertheless!! If doing along with regular gardening I would have said about 12 to 15 pounds an hour!!

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

writes

12 acres of grass.

If they were using a lawnmower it would probably take at least a fortnight to cut.

If you can find someone to work for £12 an hour and to provide the lawnmower then I suspect you are living in the 1980s.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No I didn't.

The last quote I got was £25/hr, and since it takes me ~2 hours on my ride-on, that works out at £50. It needs mowing every week in the summer, so that's £200/month, which is more than I was prepared to pay. I taught the missus to drive the mower instead.

Reply to
Huge

ages even with a 6 foot flail mower. Got some sheep and haven't had to cut it for 18 months - looks better as well short cropped.

Guess what - lamb for Sunday lunch today.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson