problem leveling my lawn

I have a Static caravan with a patch of grass about 20 feet by 50, bu

its quite uneven in places. i can't dig it (park rules) and i don' think i'd be allowed to roll it. What i thought of doing was to cut the grass as short as possable an then fill in the dips with top soil, then re-seed it. The dips rage between 1" and 4" and maybe 4-5feet in diameter. Thi would cover about 20% of the lawn. my question is:- whold this work? would the new seed take and would th covered grass die?

sounds a bit weird, but i don't want to mess up the lawn i have

-- drazen

Reply to
drazen

Yes, it will work. Grass covered deeply will die, not deeply will push through, so it really doesn't matter. Just make sure you get quality screened top soil and appropriate grass seed. Use a starter fertilizer and keept it constantly moist. For a small job like this, I like to use some peat moss and sprinkle it lightly around on the surface after seeding. That helps keep it wet. You can also use straw, but many times that has weed seed in it and can be harder to find.

Reply to
trader4