how can i revamp my lawn?

hi there. we've had a large trampoline up in our garden for a while now

- annd its killed the grass underneath. thing is, i dont know anything about lawns, what type of grass seed i would need, or how to do it!! all i can say is that id prefer a hard wearing lawn, as 4 boys will be running all over it, along with their ride on toys!

Reply to
moonchild84

Scrape out dead grass with a rake. Put some lawn fertiliser down, cover with lawn soil, put some seed down (a 'durable' mix from b&Q will do) spread evenly then cover with more lawn soil (or compost) a thin layer that covers the seed. The gently tread in but not too much. Water each night if you remember.

sounds like a lot but it will take about 20 minutes!

Reply to
johnmerrick

I have decided to leave any weeds and remove when the new grass is fully established.

However, i think there has been an animal of some sort walking on the grass and some of the roots have become exposed. I have dropped a bit of compost on them to protect them (hopefully!). will this work or should i have just waited to see if it continues to grow?

thanks

Reply to
johnmerrick