Cost for concrete garage base

I'm having a new concrete sectional garage and new base for it to sit on. The old base of approx 11' by 18' is coming up along with perhaps half as much again in area of old concrete around the previous garage's footprint. A new base of 11' by 22' is going down comprising of 4" concrete, 4" hardcore, steel reinforcement and damp proof membrane etc. The base will be thickened to approx 6" around the perimeter.

I've been quoted £4.50 per square foot to take up the old, put down hardcore and lay the new. This works out at approx £1,100 (which includes taking up the extra old concrete around the footprint of the previous garage).

Is this reasonable?

Thanks for any advice. Andy

Reply to
Andy

I guess some working out

2 days work 120 per day mini digger 40 per day membrane 30 quid hardcore 200 quid (a lorry full, you may need less) concrete 60 quid a cube skip (big one) 150 quid Re infocing - 40 quid a sheet, you need 3 - 4 sand blinding - 2 tonnes 25 quid a tonne

whats that ad up to ?

VAT - Gorden wants his share.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

That's less than I ever paid for concrete - what's your source?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Sounds pretty cheap (unless you want a LOT...) I just had some from Mixamate (N.London) - 92 quid per cu. metre plus 20 quid delivery. This is a mix-on-demand system (very impressive, very big machine...) so you pay for exactly the amount you use. Builder did some phoning around and this was the cheapest for the amount I needed.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Mark Renne - Ruthin. I get 6 cubes at a time, this is C35 Mix, fibres are extra. If he is in a good mood, and I have warned him, and he is not busy, he does not mind waiting a couple of hours while I unload and dumer the stuff to my house.

There is a big company up the road, they are similar prices.

We are neer both quarries and a cement works, so I guess the cost of transport on raw materials is not too high.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

exactly the

Thats so expensive I would have a heart attack !!!!!!! Raw materials would be less than a quarter of that !!!!!!! delivered (to my place, and I need delivery by tractor)

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper