Cooker hood - Proline, Tecnik?

Managed to buy a cheap used cooker hood recently, labelled inside Proline FCC/2002. Hood uses a large fan with two clip on carbon filters which need replacing, but that is where the fun begins.

Found filters described as Proline FSPN/2002, but they are 10mm too small. Then found Tecnik FCC/2002 which are an exact size match, and certainly look the same. I know I could ask the supplier, but in the meantime, just wondered whether anyone knows the Proline Tecnik history, or if there is a history. Same firm over time, or not?

Reply to
Graeme

Proline is/was(?) Currys own brand I believe.

Reply to
The Other John

Could be generic names that can't be registered as a Tradename. Lots of various things have been called Proline over the years. Or that brand used by a retailer (or importer) and ends up on products from various makers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Jim K writes

These are circular plastic filters that clip on either end of the fan, not flat sheets, otherwise I would DIY.

Reply to
Graeme

Ah! That sounds reasonable. So quite possibly a Tecnik product rebranded just for Currys. Thanks.

Reply to
Graeme

Noted, thanks. Will ask the supplier.

Reply to
Graeme

I thought it was Comet's own brand, which would explain it disappearing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

So that will probably mean its a badge engineering item from whoever will make what they want and stick their name on it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Tecnik was an own label brand name that was owned by Moben kitchens which ceased trading in 2011 taking Tecnik with them. Tecnik never manufactured anything but bought in from any supplier they could find. Their products were usually fairly cheap and nasty and were mainly supplied as "free" with Moben kitchens or kitchens from Kitchens Direct.

Proline was another label name owned and operated by Comet and only sold by Comet, serviced by Comet and spares were often only available from Comet. They ceased trading in 2012 when Comet went into administration.

There is no supplier support for either brand but you might be able to find out who the original manufacturer was and use their parts - for example Candy made some Tecnik items. Things like cooker hoods tended to be rebadged Chinese no name items and unique spares are increasingly difficult to find. Filters and the like are usually easier as one size may fit several unrelated devices.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I think you could be right - I thought it began with a C! :)

Reply to
The Other John

Try espares.

Richard

In message , Peter Parry writes

Useful. Thank you, Peter.

Reply to
Graeme

In message , Richard writes

Excellent link - thanks.

Reply to
Graeme

If your filter contains charcoal chips, you may be able to refill it which works out much cheaper. Of course, you'd have to open the casing without much damage. That's what I do with mine, but it isn't a Proline unit.

Richard

In message , Richard writes

Thanks Richard. Yes, I did look at refills, but my filters seem to be welded, which makes opening a challenge. However, good news. Been corresponding with

who requested photos and replied with details of an exact match. A tad over 20 quid a pair, including delivery, which does not seem unreasonable.

Reply to
Graeme

Hi what is the exact match/where can I get these filters please as I have the sane problem

Reply to
Deborah

When replying from Home owners club, remember you are probably replying to a very old post, Thus unless you restate the issue, nobody will answer you outside of home owners club as old messages expire. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message <1725181245158317$27$156712$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com>, Deborah snipped-for-privacy@example.com writes

Hi Deborah,

I eventually found suitable filters at :

I emailed them first, they were very helpful and supplied 2 Turboair filters which were a perfect fit, and cost about twenty pounds a pair, including postage, four years ago.

Suggest you email them with the make and model of your hood, and they will advise.

Reply to
Graeme

Thank you for replying ! I had thought it was a long shot to an old post. I will email them.

Reply to
Deborah