Cooker hood - Proline, Tecnik?

Managed to buy a cheap used cooker hood recently, labelled inside Proline FCC/2002. Hood uses a large fan with two clip on carbon filters which need replacing, but that is where the fun begins.
Found filters described as Proline FSPN/2002, but they are 10mm too small. Then found Tecnik FCC/2002 which are an exact size match, and certainly look the same. I know I could ask the supplier, but in the meantime, just wondered whether anyone knows the Proline Tecnik history, or if there is a history. Same firm over time, or not?
--
Graeme

Graeme wrote:

Proline is/was(?) Currys own brand I believe.
--
TOJ.

Ah! That sounds reasonable. So quite possibly a Tecnik product rebranded just for Currys. Thanks.
--
Graeme

Tecnik was an own label brand name that was owned by Moben kitchens which ceased trading in 2011 taking Tecnik with them. Tecnik never manufactured anything but bought in from any supplier they could find. Their products were usually fairly cheap and nasty and were mainly supplied as "free" with Moben kitchens or kitchens from Kitchens Direct.
Proline was another label name owned and operated by Comet and only sold by Comet, serviced by Comet and spares were often only available from Comet. They ceased trading in 2012 when Comet went into administration.
There is no supplier support for either brand but you might be able to find out who the original manufacturer was and use their parts - for example Candy made some Tecnik items. Things like cooker hoods tended to be rebadged Chinese no name items and unique spares are increasingly difficult to find. Filters and the like are usually easier as one size may fit several unrelated devices.

Useful. Thank you, Peter.
--
Graeme

The Other John wrote:

I thought it was Comet's own brand, which would explain it disappearing ...
Andy Burns wrote:

I think you could be right - I thought it began with a C! :)
--
TOJ.

On 07/06/2018 16:00, Andy Burns wrote:

It was.

So that will probably mean its a badge engineering item from whoever will make what they want and stick their name on it.
Brian
--
----- -

Could be generic names that can't be registered as a Tradename. Lots of various things have been called Proline over the years. Or that brand used by a retailer (or importer) and ends up on products from various makers.
--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Noted, thanks. Will ask the supplier.
--
Graeme

These are circular plastic filters that clip on either end of the fan, not flat sheets, otherwise I would DIY.
--
Graeme

On 07/06/18 10:14, Graeme wrote:

Try espares. https://www.espares.co.uk/search/ma1169pt1591/cooker-hoods/filters/proline

Excellent link - thanks.
--
Graeme

On 08/06/18 07:40, Graeme wrote:

If your filter contains charcoal chips, you may be able to refill it which works out much cheaper. Of course, you'd have to open the casing without much damage. That's what I do with mine, but it isn't a Proline unit. https://www.espares.co.uk/product/es510044/universal-extractor-fan-activated-charcoal-ch

Thanks Richard. Yes, I did look at refills, but my filters seem to be welded, which makes opening a challenge. However, good news. Been corresponding with https://www.cookerhoodfilters.co.uk/ who requested photos and replied with details of an exact match. A tad over 20 quid a pair, including delivery, which does not seem unreasonable.
--
Graeme