conversion of playhouse to chicken shack

My first thought was that converting a theatre to a hen house was a wee bit extravagant. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In message , Bill Wright writes

My children are bullying me to convert an old 20'x12', deep litter henhouse to a *playbarn for the grand children*!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If you don't fancy the job you could tell them about histoplasmosis and suggest you'd not feel safe for the grandkids to use it unless you burnt it down first?

Reply to
Robin

Er chicken restaurant, not hen house..

My first thought was 'Playhouse isn't a Blues Band I have heard of'...

WIKI==========================================================

A chicken shack is a restaurant that primarily serves chicken.

The term may also refer to:

Chicken Shack, an English blues band Harold's Chicken Shack, an American restaurant chain in Chicago, Illinois Chicken Shack, an American restaurant chain in metro Detroit, Michigan Chicken Shack, an Australian restaurant chain in Melbourne Jimmie's Chicken Shack, an American alternative rock band from Annapolis, Maryland "Chicken Shack Boogie", a 1948 jump blues song by Amos Milburn Back at the Chicken Shack, a 1960 album by jazz organist Jimmy Smith "Back at the Chicken Shack", a jazz/blues song by organist Jimmy Smith, covered by many artists

What is isn't, is a hen house.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Last used for chickens around 1980!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That's Yorkshire for you.

Darn Sarf they're converting chicken shacks into studio apartments.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The other way has been done...

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Nice job by the way Bill...

Reply to
John Rumm

Thank you. It was good fun, and killed two birds, as it were. The playhouse was disused -- indeed it had rarely if ever been used because the kids prefer to play in the real house where there's fast wifi -- and the old chicken shack was falling to bits. As a conscientious landlord I decided to demolish and rebuild. The tenants are now very happy and who knows they might lay an egg one day...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Mine are absolute bird brains.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Do chickens lay eggs? If so, when does a chicken become a hen? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When she's of legal age to meet Mr Cockerel and get a ring on her foot.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Bill Wright scribbled

They might prefer it to be a bit darker in the nest box.

Reply to
Jonno