Consumer fuse unit problem

I have a problem with one of my ring mains. The fuse in the junction box didn't appear to work so I bought a new one but that didn't work either. Swapping with the fuse from the other ring main and it worked which was a bit odd. It seems to be the thing the fuse goes into that's stopped working. I've now been to the two main suppliers of these things in Cardiff but they don't have a replacement. They tell me it's a MEM HRC

30A Fuse Unit I need but they're difficult to get hold of. Two questions...

  1. Why would it not work - any ideas

  1. How can I get a new one. Google isn't helping here :-(

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:52:06 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be John Kelly wrote this:-

A few years ago I got hold of fuse modules for a Memera 2000 consumer unit from

(not on the web site, they ordered them specially) but I would have thought that any proper electrical supplier could get hold of them.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:51:58 -0000 someone who may be John Kelly wrote this:-

If the fuse carrier was not pushed fully home that may happen.

This has the advantage of putting the two places likely to have high powered appliances connected for long periods, the kitchen and living room, onto separate circuits.

Reply to
David Hansen

Not as uncommon as you might think. Ours is similar: one bedroom & living room on one circuit, other bedrooms and dining room on a second and kitchen on a third. As others have said, very convenient if you need power while working on a circuit.

But then I did wire this one myself, so I spent some time thinking about it first.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove