Condensing tumble dryer

Just bought a new condensing dryer that doesn't condense too well.

Seems to us that the condensing element uses the machine's incoming (cooler) air to chill the condenser frame to condense the water vapour in the outgoing air. Thus the colder the room, the colder the air going in, the better the condenser should work.

The manufacturer says no - incoming air must be warm for it to work properly! Now we are confused.

Could anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Eddie

Its the dew point if you have an ice cold beer in a warm pub the glass becomes wet on the outside but if you take it outside in the freezing cold it doesn't.

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

In message , Eddie writes

Stupid question, but have you checked the water tank isn't full? We made this mistake when we got our first condensing dryer and wondered why after a few loads the dryer was not getting things dry, my wife insisted she was emptying the water but it turned out that what she was emptying was the condenser element and the tank, which was cunningly well hidden away, was full to the brim. Assuming that is OK, check the lint filter in the door isn't clogged (or blocked with some forgotten packaging) as that can manifest itself as poor condensing.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair