[?]Concrete fence post repair - is there a suitable filler?

I managed to dig up a really deep chunk of concrete using a concrete saw hired for the day. Once split into pieces its came apart and could be pulled out with a pick.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If I can buy a cheap sds for £35 or hire one for £35 I'd always buy. (I don't know what cheap SDS currently cost). Even a basic sds can get through concrete.

If you want to wait until the tree is done, a concrete patch up should last that long. It just won't last well.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

cheapest in Screwfix = £50.

Reply to
charles

Thank you for all the comments. Looks like I will patch until the tree is gone. Then I will attack the postcrete from outside the blob. When it come time to do this, I will still hire a large breaker than buy a small one though. I cannot imagine a 4kg sds hammer drill having the same destructive efficiency as a 20kg machine. A bit like a big sledge hammer v.s. a small one. A small one will do the job, but eventually. Whilst (I am hoping) a 20kg machine will be just that bit faster.

Reply to
amohazab

I remember once having ruined a slab of sandstone, and taken nearly two hours to cut another one with a diamond tile cutter, the time taken to go into the town, hire a serious industrial angle grinder with a diamond blade, get back, cut the stones and return the grinder ("Was there something wrong with it mate?) was less than an hour...

...on the other hand after spending more on hiring a tile cutter than one cost, I bought one...

Cost benefit analysis rules, OK?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed. I'd not expect a standard SDS & drill bit to have any particular difficulty breaking up a concrete post though, so I'd get the SDS.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr