Combi pipework

My Worcester 28i specifies 600mm of copper before plastic begins.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Mike, Maxie has problems.

Reply to
IMM

Maxi's DIY pics are his concern. Din Lin the far eastern luscious lovely may object.

Reply to
IMM

"Never" have a tee at the end of a pipe, in either gas or water. This acts as a brake on flow and pressure. The mains pipe should have been direct to the combi, and the other leg teed off. Many installers do not install

3-port valves because of this and use two 2-ports.

Also pipes must not touch each other when crossing.

Reply to
IMM

The advantages are speed. This system is common on the Continent, where press-fit is extensively used. The expensive tools usually mean it is beyond DIY, and it is used on sites a lot. The joints are very strong and well sealed.

Reply to
IMM

In message , Arthur writes

And note, IIRC fro when I did my boiler, the measurement is from the connections of the pipe to the heat exchanger inside the boiler, not from the external connections at the

Reply to
chris French

Well I could, but then I'd have to kill you

I'm not sure what there is to show, since I don't so much DIY as just get on with it. We repainted the front of the house, are you really interested in watching paint dry ?

When there are jobs around the house which need doing, I don't take photos, I just do them

... and I have a sarcastic streak, what's new?

Reply to
raden

Maxie, are you tackling your weight problem?

Reply to
IMM

Hi.

Not that I *plan* on doing this again, but thats useful info to file away for the future. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

Don't we all... ex wife won't pay her debts, motorbike I can't sell, empty bank account, it's raining, beginnings of a toothache, nappy needs changing, it's raining... etc. :) But I still smile!

Reply to
Mike Barnard

See, we're all learning stuff from this thread.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

If in here name they are her debts.

Reply to
IMM

Fair enough. The 1 metre distance is from the manufacturers of plastic fittings and I suspect they probably err on the side of caution to cover themselves.

Reply to
StealthUK