Reccomendation wanted for new combi condensor boiler

I shall be having a new condensing combi boiler installed to replace my Genesis 80 combi.

I live in a large Victorian 4 bed house. the house is very large so will need more than the 80,000 than the Genesis offered.

I would welcome reccomendations so I can research them and be informed before I contact an installer.

Regards,

Steve..........

Reply to
dog-man

Broag 39C 5 yr guarantee. Fit the outside temperature sensor.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks for that. It has gone onto my list of possibles.

I should have added, that it needs to be wall mounted, rather than floor standing as indeed this one is.

Steve.....

Reply to
dog-man

There is a FAQ. Disappointingly it does not say buy X, it does say buy a boiler with features ABCDE and not FGHIJK.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

it is the best price/performnce around. Quality.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Right. Just go to the PM and ask for an 'it'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you an idiotic plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

For the sake of those of us too lazy or stupid to work out the rest (and I mean myself here!) Is Drivel spot-on with his Broag? I hear good things of them, but then a week ago I'd never even heard of them. Will I reject it in a year or two's time when I need a new left-handed widget and they're unavailable?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Made by Remeha, a long standing in the UK quality Dutch maker. They use quality standard industry parts: Gianonni heat exchanger, Honeywell hydroblock, Grundfos pump, Dungs gas valve. Weather compensation as standard. OpenTherm control. The system and open vented boilers are "dual temperature" boilers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Last time I looked Broag distribution was mainly up north.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

it had features ADCDE and not FGHIJK, I done research and my dad paid for it and the heating company installed it.

Reply to
David

They are based in Woking - very south. Few merchants do not supply them. They have taken off like rockets. A big bang for buck and quality too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Vaillant and W-Bosch are outdated having poor control systems.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Looks like the Dutch have the reputation in this game. My plumber/ electrician swears by Atmos. So I've ordered one through him and he will be fitting it soon. Maris

Reply to
Maris

Good choice!

Reply to
David

What sort of price should I expect to be charged for installation of the Broag, should I go with that?

I am in East Kent.

Steve..........

Reply to
dog-man

Not easy to find installers IME. I think most fitters prefer the devil(s) they know rather than a new (to them) product. And how does this 5 year guarantee work in practice? Are the installers vetted by Broag? ATM too many loose ends for my liking

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Properly installed. Service once a year. Both by competent people.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But, according to Broag, my nearest recognised installer is over 100 miles away. Sure, they "cover" London, but at what cost? Are they going to honour the 5 year guarantee if a local Corgi installs it?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Yes. They have to.

Reply to