Combi Gas Boilers

Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas Combi Boiler.

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas boiler and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

Reply to
Colin

You can't. The regs are on-line - use google

Reply to
zaax

Yes you can if you deem yourself competent and are indeed competent. If you can plumb, can follow technical documents, read regs then the chances are you are competent.

However a Corgi engineer must commision the boiler if you want any guarantee upheld by the manufacturer. And is more than likely a good idea in any case.

On the other hand do what the heck you like in this/these god forsaken regulation ridden country/times. /*that's better, where's my medication*/

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

Not so. Many makers instructions don't even mention Corgi, saying "competent".

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You start with the one basic requirement that you are "competent" (a term used in the statutory instrument, but left undefind).

Have a read of the intro to this FAQ for more detail:

John Rumm

Can't what? Install it? Check it for safety? I suggest _you_ use Google and read previous posts on the subject.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq