Combi fans: is bigger better

To be a bit more accurate:

The formula for resultant temperature of mixing water is

Vc[Tf - Tc] = Vh[Th - Tf]

Where upper case V=volume T=temperature and lower case h=hot, c=cold and f=final

The store holds 57 litres according to the manufacturer

If the mains water temperature is 5 degrees:

Vc[40 - 5] = 57[60 - 40]

Solving for Vc gives 32 litres and a total of 89litres which is not enough even for an IMM bath of 100litres. For a reasonable bath of

150 litres It is only jut over half way there and at 11lpm will take a further 5 minutes or more to fill.

At 10 degrees cold temperature, you could add 38 litres but still you would be at less than an IMM bath and still at nearly 5 mins to fill to produce a reasonable bath.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Should just do it, the 60l at 60°C in the store will give 100l of bathwater at 38°C, leaving 60l of bathwater required for a 160l bath. The 28kW boiler will give 10l/min at 38°C, so would take 6 minutes to heat the rest of the bathwater.

Fairly high, how long would that be for, 10 mins?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

See other post - the shortfall is rather more.

Which overall is pretty disappointing.

I can fill the bath to equivalent volume in about 4 mins max.

Not really - I find that sort of flow rate just about acceptable - typically for 15-20 minutes.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Leaving aside the type of heater;-

I have a "ComputaShower" computerised bath filler; The system mixes hot and cold water precisely and fills the bath to a preset (constant) level

I've experimented with filling the bath with differing temperatures; it's anecdotes not data, but;- This 43deg C bath is too hot .. This 38 deg C bath is too cold This 41deg C bath is just right ...said the little bear,

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

In message , IMM writes

So what do you think of the 28i Junior DIMM ?

Reply to
raden

In our area, it won't do one at 6pm. The flow rate varies throughout the day between 12 and 6 litres/min dependent on the total demand. I have no intention of fitting new input pipes when the existing non combi system can provide >40l/m for the period required to run baths. We also average

facility.

Regards Capitol

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

loft tank facility.

You need to move to an area with proper services.

Reply to
IMM

Also when the cylinder is approx 25% depleted the boiler kicks in re-heating as hot water is being drawn-off.

Reply to
IMM

25 l/min per shower? Absolute irresponsible. The water used and energy used to heat that is ridiculous.
Reply to
IMM

You have clearly never seen a CB50 in action they fill 100 litres baths no problem, summer and winter.

Reply to
IMM

Maxie is Dim Lin the luscious far eastern lovely 28 years old? That is old my boy!!

Reply to
IMM

In message , Brian Sharrock writes

Did you mean bare ?

Reply to
raden

In message , IMM writes

I ask you a sensible question and you can't answer it

Reply to
raden

writes

OK I think she is fabulous, even though she is old.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Should be just about right for you then

answer the question

Reply to
raden

Maxie I did. I think she is fabulous.

Reply to
IMM

No it isn't.

Assuming that I were to use a whole 200 litre cylinder, which I seldom do, the energy required would be 12kWh - cost around 25-30p.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's irrelevant. The machine can't defy physics, no matter how much you would like it o do so. The figures for filling even a drop-in-the-bottom 100l bath aren't brilliant, and if it's a proper sized 150l, the performance is pathetic. THey should either have designed it with a larger store (although then it wouldn't go on the wall) or a larger burner.

As I say - a linsey-wolsey product.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It makes little difference because the production rate at 40 degree output is only 11lpm.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is! I will not engage with any defence of such irresponsibility. Mr Blair will be making war on the likes you.

Reply to
IMM