Cold call from "Space Kitchens" in Nottingham

As I produce a magazine I sometimes respond by saying they are through to the magazine subscription line and asking tem for their credit card number ...

Reply to
John Cartmell

<cherrydrop1983

That reminds me of the time the Jehovah's Witnesses called (in the 1960s) and tried to sell me Watchtower.

They went away having made no sale but buying our local parish magazine, which I produced. I think they were glad to get away.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Lol. The double glazing salesman was there from 9am to 1pm trying to get me to sign up. I did eventually, but not until he'd dropped the price 5 times and i'd managed to escape their 'bargain' paying by instalments plan.

Negotiations, I love it ;-)

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

Reminds me of the time (many years ago) on the run up to an election. A politician (can't remember which party) came round one evening and my Dad invited him in. He stayed for several hours watching a boxing match after which my Dad sent him on his way telling him he would be voting for the other party! Don't think he was best pleased!

Reply to
Richard Conway

That's the way to deal with all such pests, keep 'em away from other, more vulnerable, householders.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher