Solution required for basin/sink with no overflow

I have just purchased a granite type basin/sink from the Far East that has a drain hole but no overflow. Does anyone know if a basin/sink waste exists (and where I might source such in UK) that will automatically empty the sink should a tap be left on. I am imagining something along the lines of a flip top plug that would automatically flip up when the water pressure above reaches a critical point. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
grastal

Sounds very, very prone to failure.

Have you considered an auto-close tap?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Get someone to drill a hole for the overflow.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

One way I have seen of achieving this that I have seen on catering sinks in the past is to use a piece of pipe instead of a plug. The pipe is cut to the correct length so that when the sink is nearly full to the brim the water simply runs down the middle of the pipe and down the drain.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Yes, I've seen then in labs, etc. - but wouldn't the tube get in the way of washing yourself?

Reply to
Set Square

You could always install a wet room floor...

I would be sceptical that you could design an inexpensive such device of sufficient accuracy, although maybe I'm wrong.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle