Coating With Different Manfrs Emulsion .

I have been emulsioning my bathroom walls which were Gyproc'd .One was was a problem .The surface has a lot of areas which are sort of pinholed and additional coats have not solved this .. I can't be sure but I might have used a different roller for this wall on the first coat but in any case i have had to sand it smooth in prep for coating it again .I used Wickes Trade Matt White Emulsion but have run out so was wondering if using a different make would be OK or if it would cause problems ?.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Depends what you mean by problems?

Shouldn't be any problem if you just mean can you paint one emulsion over another; but if you mean can you carry on painting the top coat on adjacent or the same walls and not notice any change in tint/colour, then I would be very wary. Might well be OK - white is as likely as you'll get! But best buy the same paint again, or overpaint the final coat with whatever brand you buy next.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I was meaning if there would be any interaction between paint from 2 different manufacturers . It will be a complete wall and there is no adjacent wall so hopefully there won't be a problem with any difference in "whiteness"

thx

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

If the original coat is proper emulsion there wont be a problem, but if its that cheapskate 'trade' paint they sell then ick, it wont last long anyway.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What do you mean " It won't last long anyway" Are you one of those eternal pessimists .Do you expect the paint to slide off the walls or what .??

Reply to
Stuart

it simply isnt hard wearing enough to withstand ordinary daily life without deteriorating relatively quickly.

no and no. Sensible questions eh.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The last bits were meant to be slightly humorous ..LOL

Any way ,there is only me here ..not a squad of unruly weans climbing up the walls and doing all sorts of unmentionable things so hopefully it will last a while

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart