cistern assembly

The instructions for assembling this low level cistern don't seem to
tell you what to do with the 2 rubber washers on the flush outlet and
float valve entry (they're the same size as the plastic nuts). I really
just need to know whether they go inside the cistern casing or outside.
Here's the diagram
for any advice
Reply to
Stuart Noble
Everyone I've ever fitted (and its a lot) has them inside.
Smear LS-X liberally around the plastic flanges, then fit washers, then smear LS-X on washer. If you can leave it an hour before adding water do so, if not don't worry.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. I wonder if either of you knows why the overflow blanking plate has to have the threaded bit on the outside. Would be neater the other way round
Reply to
Stuart Noble
(toilet cistern fitting)
The only ones I've fitted have either a chrome or white head, which goes on the outside, with the threaded bit on the inside. They usually come with cisterns that can be either right or left handed - to fill the extra hole. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in