Christmas present suggestions?

: SDS drill. You can use it for many things - punching holes thru walls, : knocking bricks out, installing rawlplugs in walls which otherwise are : impervious to being drilled, installing extractor fan vents, digging : channels for cabling, knocking out recesses for sockets and switches. : : And possibly its best redeeming feature is taking tiles off walls! : : PoP

You sound like a dangerous person. PoP, SDS, armed and ready for adventure.

Reply to
Suz

If it is an HP plotter then you should be able to buy a replacement carousel. All you need is the part number - which can be found in the plotter service manual. You might have to buy the service manual of course, which requires a part number.....

From my years as a field service tech at HP I have great respect for their ability to supply parts, some obscure. Everything, but everything, has an HP part number.

The part number is likely to be of the form:

09872-60001 10 digits, with a dash between the groups of 5. The first 5 represent the model number, the second is the unique part number for that model. Beginning with '6' to represent replacement part, if the 2nd digit is a '9' then it defines that it's an exchange assembly (like a motherboard - you have to send the old one back for refurb). A carousel isn't likely to be an exchange.

PoP

PoP

Nah. I try to be nice to people. But many stories on this newsgroup over recent months suggested that SDS drills are blooming great for taking tiles off of walls - and I'm happy to advise that they are!

PoP

PoP

haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning, 'cos for my current alcove cupboard project every bit of wood used has been new apart from the shelves themselves, even though I *know* I've got useful wood in the garage.

Somewhere.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Just be thankful you don't have a cellar, then. I've no idea how many useful bits of timber are rotting away down there. And half a Rover SD1.

Must run in the family. My brother has a six car garage, but his car lives outside at night.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Did you buy one of these expensive tools for the job, or a standard chisel bit?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Yeah. I got mine for a tenner, with coarse and fine wheels. Excellent for resharpening paint scrapers and chisels, if you can work out what angle to stick them in at.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I bought the Homebase Excel SDS drill, which came with some standard bits - the chisel being one of them.

PoP

PoP

No, it's an Artisan I think

although it's in the office, I haven't looked at it for ages. I did download the drivers for it a couple of years ago

Reply to
geoff

Unless I am mistaken, my wife, who is on holiday in Australia and Tasmania for 5 weeks over the Christmas holidays, has not left me anything to un-wrap on Christmas day. Having said that, I did not expect anything on that day, but I could get a phone call asking me to look in a certain place (some hope), for a pressie :-)

Dave

With the usual Christmas chest/throat infection :-(((

Reply to
davenpat

That's sad. You should have said so earlier and we could have had a whip round or something :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

The "something" option sounds like the better bet - we could have got together at a pub somewhere to discuss what to buy him..... ;)

But what the heck, we don't need such slim excuses for having a beer anyway.....

PoP

PoP

That's true. We should arrange another for after the new year......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hehe, if we had a six car garage there wouldn't be any cars in it either, but a computer museum instead :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

I was hoping someone would say that.....

Which day of the week is best for peeps? I know there were some collisions with other events last time.

PoP

PoP

: >>But what the heck, we don't need such slim excuses for having a beer : >>anyway..... : >

: >That's true. We should arrange another for after the new year...... : : I was hoping someone would say that..... : : Which day of the week is best for peeps? I know there were some : collisions with other events last time. : : PoP : What's this PoP? A newsgroup beer fest??? Tell me more.

Reply to
Suz

We already had one in the Thames Valley, two in London and one in t'north.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

But your north is my south!

Sheila, Sutherland, Scotland (almost as far north as you can go on the mainland)

Reply to
S Viemeister

You are still welcome to attend.

PoP

PoP

Perhaps we could organise one in Bergen for you, Sheila, since that's probably nearer than London. Nice place as well.