Christmas is expensive this year

When all a car's name can say is it goes, you know it's going to be bad. But surely not as bad as the Willam Sulky. I bet every driver of those ended up sulky.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I still have the van and it looks like I can keep it[1]. I am just no longer allowed to go to Watford or Blackburn in it at the weekends. And work spotted a couple of trips to Lincoln and Leeds.

[1] There is only me that will do on call. Not that that is much use if I am in Watford at the weekend. I got away with it last time by getting a mate to do the last Sunday call out.

It's just a cheap runabout to get me to work and back if they do take the van off off me and for private jobs at the weekend or evenings. It is not my livelihood.

Reply to
ARW

She pays for them.

Reply to
ARW

Bloody hell there is a Mazda MX5 convertible on that list.

Reply to
ARW

Presumably because it's been converted to run on unicorn farts, giving it 0g/km CO?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well she did help with the cost of insuring the car.

It was a bit expensive as my no claims bonus had expired. The nice woman on the phone when sorting out the insurance asked me "Do you have a female partner that you would like to put on the insurance?"

That saved me £80 even though Lou will probably never even drive the car.

And the question was a specifically about a female partner.

Reply to
ARW

Same as an electric car then?

Or a dodgy import?

Reply to
ARW

And the same to you.

Only 8 more days before anything else can f*ck up/break down or be stolen before Santa arrives.

Reply to
ARW

You forgot to mention catch fire/explode/die/get drunk and get a silly tattoo

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The previous phone I bought had more cashback than the price of the phone. OTOH, it was a truly, truly awful phone.

This latest one is a Sony, and it survived its first fall onto concrete yesterday.

Reply to
GB

Can you get them to BS 1363 or get an adapter?

GH

Reply to
Marland

And has the EU restricted their maximum power?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It survived a fall. I can still make calls on it. What other criteria do you have?

You can tell that I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to cell phones. :)

Reply to
GB

Don?t think that that matters, the intended use is on a ring isn?t it.

GH

Reply to
Marland

What's your record like for the van?

I had private use of all my vans so long as I paid for the fuel so the first car I bought was after I was made redundant.

On request, the company's insurers sent me a letter confirming no claims for seven years and the insurer of my car took that into account. From memory, I think it was sufficient for a full no claims bonus.

Reply to
Terry Casey

And the bastard [1] lied to me:-) I just taxed it and it was £30 not £20

[1] He was pissed when he told me it was £20. Mind you so was I as we had been in the pub for 4 hours when he sold it to me.

Just taken the car out for it's first run and towed a Ford Focus 5 miles back to his house. It drove well (my car not the Focus)

Reply to
ARW

What is it?

Reply to
Richard

Skoda Octavia Estate 1.6TD. For some reason it's CO2 emission is only

119g/km so that it just to fits into Band C by 1g/km.

It's a Volkswagen engine so the emissions tests must me true.

It had it's 6th birthday 7 days ago. It's newer than the works van and it has less mileage on it than the works van.

And it is not a FIAT:-)))))

Reply to
ARW

excellent choice, if in decent nick.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

R/N/S interior door handle is broken.

There was also a child seat fitted next to that door. Thankfully there was no child in it or both child and child seat would have gone into the bin.

Reply to
ARW