Christmas is expensive this year

no big deal. I looked at an Octavia a few years ago that turned out to be worth scrap, just way overpriced looking for a sucker.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

+1 Even if it has more mileage than the works van, it's still better. Bought a 1.4 petrol Skoda Fabia a few years back with 18000 miles on the clock parted with it at around 150000
Reply to
Richard

Well my brother who is a mechanic has had it today to fit a new timing belt and he likes it. Usual crap wrong with it if you were a perfectionist eg broken interior door handle in the back, facia around stereo missing etc. All stuff that I have no intention of fixing. A dealer would tart it up for £100 and sell it for £2500.

On the plus side the police have arrested 3 people with regards my van getting emptied. No chance of getting the tools back IMHO but it's still good news.

Reply to
ARW

Additional info. It has two switches that we do not know what they do. Got to be something to do with towing is our best guess.

That might mean that I have bought a car that has clogged up A roads and Motorways for several miles whilst towing a caravan and caused loads of inconvenience to other road users.

I'll get the next door neighbour to give the car a quick exorcism over the weekend.

Reply to
ARW

Well if she wears the boots and bends over she probably will.

--  Adam

Bloke I knew bought his wife a pair of slippers. He gave her them one at a time so she was grateful twice ?

Reply to
Cynic

That is good news. Would be nice if the tools were recovered.

So, the ejector seat isn't working...

Reply to
Richard

No. That is the worst possible thing.

When I got burgled they DID find some of my stuff - CDS mainly and some vinyl.

The insurance refused to pay for their loss, and the police kept them for 18 months while the trial went to appeal.

And I had to make two 100 mile round trips to identify them and collect them from where they were held.

What I SHOULD have done is simply identifed a couple of items, and said the rest were gone

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

wot

every cooked I have owned says that the door should be closed when the grill is on

Reply to
tim...

Mine says the door should be open :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I can't believe you can kill it easily that way, though. It ought to have overheat protection.

Still, it's an excuse to get her to wear the fancy legwear.

Reply to
GB

The police arrests often follow them tracing the stolen gear, so maybe there's hope? Although you may not get the tools back for ages.

Reply to
GB

Which only goes to show that you?ve not owned every cooker. ;-)

Mine very clearly states that the door MUST be open.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I have an electric one which should stay open, and a gas one which should stay closed.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Mine is part of the small oven, and if you do close the door the thermostat soon switches the grill off - to protect the glass, I assume.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The CCTV picked up the car reg when they did my van. They were stopped days later with other peoples stolen tools on their car.

Reply to
ARW

I used to use one which had a microswitch that ensured that the grill only worked with the door open, and the oven element only with it closed.

Reply to
Max Demian

None of ours (gas and electric) have.

Not so good. :(

Reply to
GB

All you need now is a caravan. I think that car was highly regarded by the camping folk as a tow-car.

Reply to
Andrew

That's something. But not your tools.

Reply to