Cheap timber

Nice.
Welcome - your first posting in this newsgroup AFAIK? In it you choose to insult one of the regulars (presumably you think he's spamming?). Before your next post you might want to bone up on current affairs?
David
Reply to
Lobster
Its always the same for me, something good happens just after I have done something else!
I have only just moved away from the Isle of Wight where wood was always washing ashore, to Northamptonshire and this happens! Sods law again I suppose!
Peter.
Reply to
petercharlesfagg
The Receiver of Wrecks has already warned that rights of ownership are being retained and that the Police have been instructed to act against anyone who tries to salvage it.
Colin Bignell
Reply to
nightjar
So will the owner of the ship be paying for this use of policing? (Like football teams are having to do?)
Reply to
mogga
On Jan 15, 10:42=A0pm, petercharlesfagg wrote:
If global warming continues to raise the sea level, you could find yourself back on the coast.
John
Reply to
John
Mm, but I'm sure if they cedar stuff washed up on the shore, the salvagers will still ply their trade. At least it will keep the beaches spruced up though.
Reply to
Lobster
Any attempt to remove the timber will be theft and therefore the police will leap into action just like they do when any of us has stuff nicked.
All that's happened is that ownership has been declared and the law clarified for the benefit of all including the police.
John
Reply to
John
The natives will have to embark on the clean-up operation,bet ya he's not going to be very poplar
Reply to
George

Site Timeline Threads