Chain fly screens

Huge was thinking very hard :

Not really, they only work when the are moving, to deter flies from passing through them.

A couple of years ago I bought a mess type, which closes together via magnets down the middle. Trouble was, it was suppose to stick to the door frame via flimsy sticky back hook and loop system, which was never going to be robust enough. It was 100% effective, so I bought another this year.

This latest one I fixed by making up a frame of 15x15mm timber, screwed to the door frame through the mesh. It is much more robust now. The bad point if your door is standard height, is that the upper part doesn't open very wide, where your head goes through - a matter of opening and ducking through if you are tall.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

+1 A friend has a dog that is freaked out with flys in the house. The only effective way of keeping them out has been the mesh type which self closes with magnets. The supplied fixings to the door frames can be inadequate so on day 1 find an alternative method of fixing before any damage is done. In this case large head drawing pins/tacks have been used to supplement the supplied fixings.

The mesh screen may be wider than the door so don't go overboard getting the opening part in the middle. It still works if the opening part is

2/3rds away from the hinge side of the door thus you don't have to cut down/fold over one side.
Reply to
alan_m