CH thermostat query

My central heating system is run by a combi boiler. All radiators have TRVs on except the bathroom, the installer informed me that one radiator had to be always on to maintain a flow through the boiler. This was fine until this Summer I had loft and wall insulation installed, now though we like the bathroom snug it is overly hot. What is the best solution for this?

Reply to
Broadback

if you partly close the valve, it will get less flow compared to the trv rads.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

don't run the central heating in summer?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, badly expressed myself, here, at least, there is now a cold snap, so heating is on and the problem has now arisen.

Reply to
Broadback

Is there a room thermostat somewhere? If so, which room?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

fit a trv in the bathroom

remove the one in your hall

building regs state the room that has the room stat in does not have a trv on..hopefully your room stat is in the hall

5 or 6 years plus installers used to always leave a trv off in the bathroom

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Reply to
marcusb3495

Open the bathroom window?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Turn down the boiler temerature?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's a typical penny pinching installation, I'm afraid. It will cycle unnecessarily if the room TRVs are all satisfied dumping heat into the bathroom. A better way is to have a thermostat in the main living room (and no TRVs there) which will ensure the system is switched off when not needed. Of course this requires careful design and setting up of the rest of the system. You could try this with the thermostat fitted in the bathroom (and key down the rad in there) but I'd guess the temperature in that room will vary too much according to use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)