Thermostat only kicks in over 25 degrees???

I fitted a thermostat and it works just as a thermostat should except that it will only click (led lights up) when dial is turned to over 25 and it fires up the boiler (0-25 - nothing at all). The house is cold these days and i need this sorting ASAP. can anyone advise?

Cheers Ascension

Reply to
ascension

Either the stat is mis calibrated (sometimes you can pull the knob off and reposition it) or your house is in fact at 25 degrees.

other than that it seems to be working.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds like youve connected to the wrong connection on the stat, so its working in a/c mode. Apart from the neutral, there will be 3 connections, common, heating and ac, and you need common and heating not ac.( Whether theyll be marked as that is another matter)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

.... quite often one is 'demand' and the other is 'satisfied' or similar.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I don't think that's the problem. Surely if it's wired for cooling rather than heating, it would switch on when you turn the setting *down* rather than up?

Reply to
Roger Mills

That was my thought too.

I have had stats that come on at 17 degrees when set to 22..

Never bothered to f*ck with them

Just turned em up or down till the room felt right.

like Spinal tap's amp, 'this one goes up to eleven'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get a digital one. Press to set

Reply to