CH pump - fast or slow?

Which is best - running a central heating pump at its fastest or slowest speed setting?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:46:12 +0000, Hugo Nebula strung together this:

Depends, there's a setup process involved. Generally faster for bigger systems, but run it so it works and it's quiet.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Lurch wrote

Depending on your system, make sure the faster speeds are not pumping hot water into the header tank.

Reply to
Alan

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:27:40 +0000, Alan strung together this:

Thanks but the pump in my combi is set perfectly. If I have any problems withh pump speed I'll be sure to ask though.

Reply to
Lurch

Run it at the lowest speed which gives an adequate performance. With a conventional boiler, this would imply an 11 degC drop across all radiators when they are correctly balanced.

Reply to
Set Square

The right speed. Boilers are designed for 80C out, 70C back, a 10C drop. Radiators are designed for 75C average temperature.

To fast and boiler drop is 10C. Efficiency is higher but

Reply to
Malcolm Reeves

Misadvise. You run it to what the balance procedure dictates.

Reply to
IMM

Haven't seen you for a bit. I was begininning to think that you'd taken the advice you offered to me - and topped yourself!

Since you *are* still around, please explain in words of one syllable how my advice gives a different result from following the balancing procedure.

Reply to
Set Square

I repeat...."You run it to what the balance procedure dictates".

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

Why don't you answer the question? You can't of course which is why you answer anything that baffles you with obfuscation.

Reply to
Roger

I repeat...."You run it to what the balance procedure dictates".

Reply to
IMM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:37:25 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

Reply to
Lurch

tsk, tsk, tsk.

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

You need to detail your proprietary balance procedure to demonstrate that it does indeed dictate the pump speed rather than adding it on as a corollary.

Reply to
Roger

The standard balance procedure. You do not guess the pump speed.

Reply to
IMM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:20:57 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

Why don't you f*ck off and die?

Reply to
Lurch

Do not give advise on something you know nothing.

Reply to
IMM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:36:54 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

Do not give advise on something you know nothing.

Now be a good chap and f*ck off and die.

Reply to
Lurch

I have an echo.

I repeat: " Do not give advise on something you know nothing."

Reply to
IMM

Where did you learn your English?

Did you mean to say "Do not give adviCe on something ABOUT WHICH to know nothing"?

Reply to
Set Square