Regulations regarding cupboard space around a glow worm boiler?

Hi

Does anyone know what the regulations are regarding surronding a small oldish (but still working) glow worm boiler in an Ikea base unit?

The boiler is 41.7cm wide, and there is vent on each side of the boiler. I was going to put a 60 cm kitchen unit, the sides and front, around the boiler, put a vent in the kickboard and a vent near the top of the cupboard door. That would give an ~8cm gap on each side of the boiler. Do you think this approach would be ok?

Thanks for your help

Richard

Reply to
tez

It really depends on how much ventilation that particular boiler needs - refer to the installation manual, or if you don't have one get in touch with the manufacturer. I don't think there are any regs that directly address this.

Reply to
Grunff

If its old (even "ish") it will need compartment ventilation which is based on the input kW rating of the boiler, with the vents positioned at both high and low level of the compartment. The relevant details should be in the installation and service instructions but if you cannot find same come back with model and rating of the boiler.

Reply to
John