CH Pipe Covers and CH update

A couple of days ago I posted about my problem draining my CH thought to be due to a crappy Gate Valve .I took it apart and it seems that the part that stops the flow had jammed as after I reassembled it everything seemed OK .I would have replaced it with a lever valve but it's in an awkward place and seems smaller than the lever valve I have .Anyway that can wait . I disconnected two rads and capped the pipes ,refilled the system and check my joints and all seemed well BUT one old joint was leaking possible it had been disturbed in my cutting the pipe but I could almost rotate the pipe at the joint so probably just as well it made itself known .so after draining down and refilling and bleeding all seems well. Anyway what I wanted ask was about those 15mm Snappit pipe covers you get from ToolStation and the like .My experience of them is that they discolour..well the white ones anyway . Has anyone used them recently or is there a better alternative ?

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B