Ceramic Tiles on Wooden Floor

Hi

I am about to tile a kitchen floor. AS the floor was chipboard, I have covered it in 12mm ply and screwed it down every 6inches in every direction.

The plywood I used was exterior grade which I believe means waterproof and I have been told to use flexible tile adhesive. Someone mentioned that it is probably still worth painting the floor with a PVA/Water mix first.

Is this correct or is it not necessary ?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Smith

Our builder recently did exactly that - the dusty, dry ply surface didn't look promising

Reply to
Steve Walker

I would - dilute PVA takes moments to splosh on and dries quickly...

It seals the surface and stops the ply sucking the moisture out of the tile goop and weakening the join.

Reply to
PC Paul

Thanks guys.

Tim