slate tiles onto plywood floor previously covered in lino

The (2nd floor flat) kitchen floor is 18mm ply screwed directly to the joists. There are no floorboards underneath. It seems to me to be fairly sturdy and level. But there are a few uneven joints (2 or 3 mm height differences) between boards and there is a lot of lino adhesive residue left behind.

I want to cover it with slate tiles. I intend to stick them with BAL single-part flexible adhesive and grout with BAL superflex wide joint grout. I will prime the plywood with diluted PVA.

I'm worried about three things:

Is 18mm alone ply stable enough to tile onto?

What should I use to flatten the uneven joints? Or will the adhesive fill the irregularities OK?

Will the remains of the lino adhesive cause problems with the tile adhesive sticking?

Thanks!

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

Yes.

Adhesive will..use thick bed though. - at lest 10mm

Might do.

Could be worth sanding it all

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher