ceramic floor tiling prep.

Having just bought a load of floor tiles & chucked the grotty carpet tiles out i'm left with some v.old, but soundly fixed tiling which is fairly level. I plan to tile on top of this, what prep. would be best to clean off the various bits of double sided tape, other sticky stuff, muck & gunk etc. on the old tiles? Do the old tiles need anything on them to help adhesion with the new tiles?

Reply to
Jed Spud

I've done a few of these now. Just give them a good old clean and off you go. Use the powered adhesive - not teh ready mixed stuff its crap. I have even used cement on a couple of occasions when I ran out of the propper stuff and want to get the job done. They are still stuck down...

Reply to
Scott Mills

thanks for that, i've got half the floor scrubbed & scraped with sugar soap, it seems to be getting the gunk off, another evening of scrubbing & i might be ready to start the fun stuff.

Reply to
Jed Spud