Ceramic Floor Tile Repair

OK - there's a long story (please feel free to ask if you want a laugh!)

....but....

Our nice new kitchen floor (slate effect ceramic tiles from hombase) now needs a suface repair following an incident with a pile of pyrex :-(

It's just chipped the coloured surface (which is white underneath).

Anyone know of anything I can use?

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

The message from "Dan delaMare-Lyon" contains these words:

Smash the tile with a hammer, dig out the bits and scrape the adhesive away and replace the tile. Buy a couple of spares as well!

Reply to
Guy King

How wide/deep is tha damaged area?

Wonder if car body filler would work (it's normally grey anyway, which is a plus)?

Black marker pen to deflect the eye if it's just a tiny area?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Maybe coloured Milliput..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

About the size of your little finger nail (if you've got big hands that is).

cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I've got spare tiles (a whole box) - just CBA to do that as it will inevitably take two tiles or more doing it.... :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I shall google.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

The message from "Dan delaMare-Lyon" contains these words:

Not inevitable at all. Just take it easy and don't get cross with it.

Reply to
Guy King

Drill couple of holes gently in it first then when whacked only breaks between the holes, thus saving other tiles.

Also when keeping spare tiles remember you stored them safely under the kitchen units, rather than having to turf up the whole of your carefully arranged mess in your garage looking for the spares that weren't there. Oh I carefully kept some grout for these occasions, but had set 6 years later and replacement grout was lighter, but after 6 months on mess and yuk can't tell the difference.

Reply to
Ian_m

Its a two pack epoxy putty, that comes in various colours.

Art shops stock it and some BM's I think there is a dark grey.

I have white for china, and terracotta for - terra cotta...

There are also epoxy putties made for worktops in various colours.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All the spare parts for the kitchen are behind the plinth :) Inluding the spare grout and the wall tiles.....

Reason? No garage :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon