Minton/Ceramic tile floor repair

Had to lift some ceramic tiles and now need to put them back. I think the tiles were laid on some kind of mortar (lime?) on top of what I believe to be a lime-ash bed.

I need to replace some of the bedding material and put some mortar down to relay the tiles. Any pointers on any or all of the following would be greatly appreciated:

- What stuff to use for the bedding material, sand and cement was suggested to me, but I wasn't sure if this was a good idea. - What stuff to use for the mortar. - Any tips on getting these fragile tiles back in place and level with the rest of the floor.

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers