Central heating diagram

Hi

I'm plumbing a simple central heating system for a friend in France next week. Is there anyone that I could email a diagram of the system to? It's central heating only so it's quite simple. Thanks

David

Reply to
davidgladwin

For what purpose? Do you have some questions about it - which require the diagram in order to make sense? What file format is it?

Do you have any webspace to which you could upload it - and post a link to it here?

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

Thanks for the reply Roger

The main reason to send a diagram is that the flow and return pipes go straight upstairs from the Rayburn. The flow and expansion (feed) pipe are going to be linked to a "Ventair." After the pump the flow pipe splits into two, taking a circuit to upstairs rads and the other one to the downstairs rads. The flow pipe that travels downstairs comes back upstairs as the return pipe, as does the the other flow pipe that does the upstairs. My main question is, can the two return pipes join each other upstairs? Obviously the flow of water is opposing at that point but of course this a T junction that takes the return back downstairs to the Rayburn.

I'm not a complete novice at this, I've done central heating before successfully but I've not come across a situation where the return pipes meet in a T junction as described and wondered if there would be any turbulence?

It is central heating only so I would expect there's no need for a pressure relief valve.

I have no webspace to upload it to but I could send it as a jpeg.

Thanks for the help!

David

Reply to
davidgladwin

I don't see a problem with what you want to do. Because I have solid floors downstairs, *all* my downstairs rads are fed from above - with the returns going back up - where they all combine (with each other and with those from the upstairs rads) before going back down to the boiler.

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

Thanks very much Roger

David

Reply to
davidgladwin

Sorry but this is a text only group so you can't send any image file (well, you could send it but it wouldn't arrive!!). With Roger's answer you probably won't need to anyway, but if you need to show a diagram you could either do it as ascii art or upload it to one of the free web spaces.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to