Central Heating

Hi

I have just moved into a house with no central heating but would lik to install some myself. I am not a heating engineer but very good a diy and an electrical engineer (may not be relavant). Can anyone tel me a book or website that would give information on central heating such as selecting the correct radiator sizes etc. I think I wil probably leave the gas part to an expert but do not see why I cannot d the rest myself.

Thanks

Jo

-- maxascent

Reply to
maxascent

Try

the FAQ for this group. No reason you can't do the whole job if you're diligent enough to do a bit of research.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

If you do not use a CORGI (or whatever, if not for gas) person to sign off the installation you will need to make a Building Regulations application and show that the installation complies with the requirements for energy efficiency.

You'll need to comply with the same requirements (thermostatic rad valves, zoning, condensing boiler, etc) if a CORGI signs it off, but won't need to make a separate BRegs application.

and look for Part L of the Building Regs.

If in Scotland, arrangements may be different.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm assuming we're talking gas (rather than oil etc) CH here and you're going to get a CORGI engineer to commission and sign off the installation.

I suggest you find your engineer first and get them to OKay your proposed system design, choice of materials, boiler etc. I've commissioned systems for a few DIYers but I need to know that they're generally doing the job properly, and that they'll get me to advise on or do bits of the work they're not comfortable and competent with rather than risk bodging it.

Mind you I won't touch a Biasi again after this one :-/

Reply to
john.stumbles