Carpet on Cork Tiles

Hi,

We are currently decorating the study / office and took the old foam-backed carpet up to make painting easier. Underneath we found cork tiles reasonably well glued to the chipboard flooring. The new carpet will require gripper rod fitting around the edge of the room.

Do I need to take up the cork tiles or will the gripper rods be OK nailed through them in to the chipboard? The cork tiles are about 6mm thick

Thanks, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

It'll be fine on top of the cork tiles, just nail it down well.

Reply to
Grunff

And don't think of lifting them unless you have a couple of days spare )-:

I spent a whole day lifting the bloody things in my bathroom... Thought it would be OK when I lifted one by hand from an edge and it was easy... Of-course the ones next to the door, sink and toilet (ugh) were welded to the floor by the combined weight of 20 years worth of people treading over them )-:

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson