Car Seat Reclines without Winding.

Hi,

How does the hand-winder mechanism for car seat reclining work? Ratchet based? Some element of friction involved? The Haynes manual doesn't seem to cover it. Is it called a 'winder', that's what I've been Googleling for.

The front passenger seat on my Nissan Micra K11 has problems with reclining. Originally, it reclined gradually over time as I drove around when no one was sitting in it. The garage said they'd fixed it by replacing two bits, one each side of the chair.

Testing that, I found it still kept reclining but this time it didn't do it when empty, only when someone was in it! Took it back and garage said they hadn't tightened it properly the first time. They've now made it so the winder handle down by the handbrake is very stiff to turn, more stiff than any car they've lent me, or the driver's winder. It's too stiff for Mrs. Sberg, and people want to adjust the seat when they get in to make the seat belt comfy, so I'm going back to the garage but want to understand a bit more first.

Thanks,

Carl.

Reply to
Carl Sberg

If you get no joy, try uk.rec.cars.maintenance.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried there a few days ago with no joy. I know those here seem to be very good at prying into internal gubbins so it seemed the best place to try. They can't be a black box that no one's ever opened?

Carl.

Reply to
Carl Sberg