Car bodywork

A few months ago I tried to darken my rear lights with a spray and tried to protect the paint around the light using duct tape (soon found out this was a bad idea). After removing the tape I noticed it had affected the paint job on my car. It seems to have almost removed a layer of paint but it's certainly changed the shade of it to a noticeable level. I'm wondering if there's any way I can restore it to its former glory or will I have to get it all resprayed professionally?

Reply to
gw22

Sounds like it might have taken off the clear lacquer that is sometimes used to finish.

Reply to
newshound