Can you suggest a fair price for plywood&thickness for floor tiles

Will be laying ceramic tiles shortyly.
Found a local builders merchant (www.buttle.biz) and want to make sure I get a fair price for this plywood together with some other stuff I need.
I plan on laying the plywood over the existing floorboards in the kitchen. I seem to recall I need exterior plywood ?
Trouble is, if I use 22mm with the thickness of the tiles I am worried about it looking out of place butting against laminate flooring. What are my options here ?
I didn't DIY this, but the tiler used stuff that was much thinner than 22mm for us, maybe half this, although I guess the eveness of the floor would be a factor.

Our upstairs tiles were laid on far thinner plywood - perhaps even as thin as 5-6mm.
paul
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

WBP plywood is what you need.

If you are laying it over existing boards then you don't need anything like 22mm. If the floorboards are reasonably thick and solid you could get away with 6mm (1/4"), but in most cases I would recommend 9mm (3/8").
--
Cheers,

John.

Great that's very helpful.
Thanks John & Paul
John Rumm wrote:

I'd agree with 9mm. Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, but how is the plywood to be fastened to the floor? It's really important that it doesn't move, or else it makes an annoying noise when you walk on it, and once the tiles are on, it can't be fixed. I was told to use lots of glue plus nails or staples every 100 mm. But that was 20 years ago. Maybe there's a better way now.
Nick wrote:

Yes good point. Last one I did I screwed it on a matrix between 6 and 8" - making sure the screw heads were all flush with/under the surface.
--
Cheers,

John.

Use a short piece of chamferred skirting as a joining strip. Chisel to shape, as needed.
Christian.