Can we agree...

Yes, that's what I was remembering ...

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that, thanks. Unfortunately, that makes any reference to him and I being similar even worse, as he was attacking innocent people and I'm trying to protect innocent creatures?

Most of the 'repetition' is in the vague hope that those who later exposed themselves to be trolls were putting up genuine points.

But the drift often started by other people.

Of course, any obviously they have every right to not read and certainly not reply if it's something they have heard before.

However, there are people who may come and go and who may not have a specific interest in say veganism but might be interested to learn things that make someone become a vegan. We are actually talking about things that cover a whole range of RW things that look to be likely to affect all of us and in many, possibly not so obvious areas (like car tyres or wood treatments).

Isn't that a tautology John? ;-)

It might if I expected that of anyone here, but I don't.

Already accepted, just that not everyone seems to 'get it' *yet*, like NT's questions about the existence of vegan chocolate!

But have potentially formed them in ignorance (see above).

And the use of the term 'ignorance' isn't a slur on them as I was in a similar position over a year ago, or more in my case that I was aware but hadn't bothered looking closely (but / so was still 'ignorant' of all the facts and options), cognitive dissonance etc.

The frustration doesn't come from the trolls (I quite like watching them dig those holes so deep <weg>) or Ex(?) 'farmers' like Mr Lamb (who I have previously broken bread with on more than one occasion and who is also 'a nice guy') but maybe people like you, people I respect and who in 'every other' area we have ever discussed, have shown me a sensible, intelligent, knowledgeable logical and considerate person.

You have made your position clear (that you consider it 'ok' to consume and use ('use' sounds less confrontational / provocative than 'exploit', even of not quite so accurate) animals for your own needs and desires) ... and that you may be 'cutting down' or at least putting more consideration into what meat you eat (and not even because of anything I have said etc), but it's the former that still leaves me confused (partly because of the latter).

Like, I can see how it might be difficult to explain / persuade someone older (your parents) as it is my own Mum. She gives money to the donkey sanctuary and helps rehabilitate dogs but serves us up chicken when I have told her we are we aren't eating any meat. 'You have been eating meat for 60 years' was her only explanation. Funnily she doesn't try the same track with dairy because she knows I was advise off that by the doctor so it's only my personal choice she has an issue with and is confused about.

Daughter, her B/f and the step niece are all vegan, niece and hubby are vegan and my sister and hubby and cutting out nearly all red meat (mainly because of health scares so on medical advice).

Some of our friends also happen to be vegi / vegan, individually, just him / her and not the kids or the whole family. It's also interesting to see how many on TV are also vegan (or at least vegi). [1]

So, I would be interested to learn how much of your current position is a function of others, if any (family / friends) or what it is that would allow you to be logically inconsistent (as you don't seem to be the sort of person who would hurt a cat or dog), especially for 'no (good, by it's standards) reason'?

You have my email address if you prefer to answer that offline.

Cheers, T i m

[1[ You may have seen mention elsewhere recently where Bill Bailey was on a TV cooking show and was offered duck and mentioned how that *now* made him feel uneasy because he has two pet ducks. I think Jeremy Vine was on something similar and reacted similarly, didn't want to eat it when it still looked like the animal it once was. Aren't these just more examples of cognitive dissonance?
Reply to
T i m

DickHeadxx, that *is* you isn't it?

'Fake videos'? Cite (except you won't because) 1) you are lying and 2) you don't have the balls to try, knowing you are lying.

Are we having fun yet?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You attack meat eaters and abuse them the same way Harry would abuse those who didn't support his beliefs. If you don't like being the new Harry then desist in abusing those who don't share your beliefs.

Repetition is to be expected from a fanatic.

Typically they don't.

I think we are now familiar if he principles behind veganism.

That is denial that others have made a choice. It's only "ignorance" in your eyes because you dislike their choice.

Lots of words, does this mean veganism will now be a closed subject for this group? Life will be far more pleasant for all.

But also temporary concerns. Once back in the saddle and all that. By way of example you admit to cognitive dissonance in respect of keeping and feeding pets.

Reply to
Fredxx

As soon as you say "mindless bullshit" what you then say is discredited.

Anyway, even after looking up Linus Pauling nothing associates him with being a fanatic.

Reply to
Fredxx