Can we agree...

On the occasions that one can converse with him while he is not fully "on message", it's quite possible to have a pleasant enough discussion on a number of topics, and he will usually be helpful and generous with his skills and experience.

Reply to
John Rumm

What about those doing that asking questions that may change that, 'troll'?

Because it was a question in a discussion group ... and just to prove you aren't just a biased harasser, I'm hoping you are going to also harass those here you just use it as their blog, don't use OT or just harass people ... oh ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Erm, no, let me think ... the direct answer would be 'Dog walking' but did you expect 'Dogging'? ;-)

I've never blocked anyone ever Scott so no?

There are a few on here I can happily ignore, not reply to, even if I read what they type, especially those who seem to have their own problems, blow hot and cold etc.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

A bigger question might be (by comparison), what sort of contributions has 'Bev' made to the group and how fairly are they dealing out the victimisation?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, a weak joke unfortunately.

Reply to
Scott

Hey, it was worth a go and much better than most of the cr*p the trolls come out with. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. 'Don't be a tosser, take your litter home with you ... '

not:

'Why are you tossing your litter here, don't be a tosser ...' etc.

Reply to
T i m

Safe to say, less than your contribution, but not by much of a margin.

Reply to
Fredxx

Note sure if that is the bigger question, or just a case of shooting the messenger?

There are plenty that lurk here and post infrequently, if at all. That does not mean they are going to relish a relentless barrage of proselytising any more than the rest of us. Be that a former poster's incessant messages on "cultural enrichment", or a blow by blow posting commentary from Mr speeds' vegetable peeler paramour!

Reply to
John Rumm

There are lots of online tests for locating one's place on the Autistic spectrum. Aspergers syndrome may be more relevant for those at the intelligent end.

My results don't lead to a *seek help urgently* recommendation but certainly not *middle of the road* normal:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Regrettably Tim seems to have become the new Harry on this newsgroup. Speaking of whom we do not seem to have heard anything from him for quite a while.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

don't tempt fate

Reply to
charles
<snip>

How so? Harry used to go on about things that advantaged him, what (direct) advantage is it to me if I ask people to consider aligning their actions with their morals (unless your morals dictate that you think it's ok to do anything you like to any animal)?

Everything I've stated is supported by both millions of other people and all the science so what's your issue, other than your own ignorance or selfishness of course?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

For those at the intelligent end they can learn empathy, effect and result. A fanatic by definition is not going to be at the 'intelligent end'.

I would put it in the 'recommended' area if only to show their campaign is counterproductive.

Reply to
Fredxx

Oh dear, oh dear! There was I thinking I had posted a semi-supportive comment, quoting the final paragraph of Johns post, using the word regrettably and now I am ignorant or selfish simply for pointing out how you have become the target of much of the vitriol that Harry was subject to.

A not very cheerful Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

You've been supporting the idea of staying in the EU which supports the transporation of animals for slaugter between countries and overseas. Activly and encourage subsidising meat eating and producing dairy products to sell cheap to other counties that could produce their own. They support bull fighting, force feeding for foie gra and fishing industry. Also in germany seems ok to have nearly 10X the number of coal powerstations than the UK has.

You mean the 74 million Trump supporters that's more than the number of UK voters that voted to leave and join the EU and yet you think the 25K odd spoilt papers are the key inteligent people without even know how or why the spoilt their papers. We know some placed marks outside the box some voted for more than one option. But seem to think these peolpe are the most inteligent and want change.

Well, surley science is logic, maths , fact and reason and that is what left brainers do, where as right brainers use is for arts , imagination, feelings and rhythum etc...

So maybe it's time for yuo to try to use the other part of your brain the left side if it exists and functions normally that is, unless you only have a right brain user as you appear to claim.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Bit rich coming from the person who canstantly harasses people with fake videos of animal 'welfare issues'

Reply to
Andrew

'Semi-supportive', linking me to someone I assumed you were referencing because of the negative connotations (it can be read either way). And this is as seen in an environment where the chances are those who support the concept of veganism aren't likely to say so, because of the toxicity of the carnists / trolls, so it's more common to be attacked than supported.

Someone whom I respect in general but who has a very different viewpoint on veganism etc?

Regrettably. ;-).

Not so. There I was referring to peoples understanding / attitude towards animals (and not even yours specifically as I don't know them, just going by current stats etc). See, IDGAF what people think of me for raising awareness of the animal suffering etc as long as they stick to the facts and are honest about themselves.

Sorry if you thought you were being 'supportive' and if I took it the wrong way.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oh are you still here <sigh>

No, I 'wasn't in support of staying in the EU'. How could I have been when I spoiled my paper rather than voting Leave?

<so snip irrelevancies>

Nope. You are doing your crazy rambling thing again.

Well done?

Who does?

It is?

<snip rambling>

Just to save you some time, I'll not bother replying to you again till you get back on the meds. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

There was a time where that was true - in the early days at least - super insulated homes, Feed in Tariffs etc. Some of that was at least vaguely related to house maintenance and improvement - even if there was an element of "look what I have managed to screw out of the system".

Over time however the bulk of his commentary moved to posting links to his own personal pet agenda to cast all Muslims and all those of middle eastern origin as child molesters or terrorists. That was not a discussion or chat or banter or even an argument, just a never ending diatribe.

The issue I expect for many is that you have made your point many many times now, in threads ostensibly about other things. Many people have given you their considered responses, and now feel its time to move on.

I appreciate that not seeing others experiencing a "road to Damascus" conversion similar to your own might be disappointing, but that does not mean that we failed to give consideration to your point or did not hear your message. Just that in some cases have formed a different opinions.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep, its called lunchtime at work. Yopu still prattling on with just half a brain in use.

So why were you complining about the result and that it should been a majority (whatever you meant by that)

So on a referendum where the options are I want to remain in the EU I want to leave the EU.

Did you draw a penis or write NOTA or NOTB did you wipe your arse on the paper did you make any markings in or out of the boxes ? And how do any of the above describe what you wanted to happen ?

So be honsest for once what did you put on your paper.

I do wonder what those 25K spoilt papers looked like, what was put on them and why.

Its basic logic question, you think if millions of people support something then that makes it correct don't you. Otherwise why say "I've stated is supported by both millions of other people" What exactly is by both millions of people anyway ?

It's a spoilt paper isn't that what so called inteligent people do in order to indicate their views in a referdum or ballot

Yes , not that I expect you to know.

I don't need meds its you that has to take supliments to your diet.

Reply to
whisky-dave