Can I replace Fluidmaster fill valve with Flomasta?

The cistern is fitted with the Fluidmaster bottom entry fill valve, but Screwfix doesn't stock this currently. They do however stock the Flomasta bottom entry fill valve. The two products look interchangeable, but can someone please reassure me that the Flomasta should be okay?

Thanks.

MM

Reply to
MM

As a general rule they are interchangeable. It can be worth checking that the threaded bit which fits the tap connector is similar in length so that it will still mate ok with any rigid pipework.

Also check the clearances around the valve allow it to fit in the space in the cistern. (they usually do IME)

Reply to
John Rumm

The Flomasta has a shorter threaded bit! So I couldn't use it. Anyway, turned out that I just needed a new fibre washer. I'll keep the Flomasta for when I do the downstairs toilet cistern. Now I know what to expect, I'll get the right bits in first. Downstairs it's not leaking right now, but I want to replace the flush valve at some point with a cable operated one.

MM

Reply to
MM