Can anyone identify this resistor?

You are an asshole

._SL1500_.jpg

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What a stunning line in rational argument you have there.

The original pic shows the resistor much thicker than the wire than yours is.

Reply to
Jeff

I meant the wire diameter, not its length.

Reply to
Jeff

Well then the pictures are there for everyone to see and judge for themselves and of course every manufacturer uses the SAME diameter of wire, don't they...

Frankly, I have given my opinion, and I dont give a tuppeny f*ck what you think.

Nor, I suspect, does anyone else.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They are indeed.

and of course every manufacturer uses the SAME diameter of

They don?t vary enough to matter when all you want is some idea of the scale. Even just those end caps show that its not a 1/4W resistor.

Reply to
Jeff

The photo doesn't but in the text is states the resistor is 11mm. My 1/4 W resistors are about 6mm long and 2mm in diameter.

The 3W resistor I quoted was 16mm long, so I'm guess it was about 1-2 watts in it;s original form.

Reply to
whisky-dave

ts in it;s original form.

agree. I'd fit a 5 watter.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks to all who responded. That's my guess as well, I think the initial digit "1" on the PCB might have been to denote this as a 1 watt resistor, and the 4.7 the resistance in ohms. I didn't recognise the original appearance because I guess the colour bands had burned off, and I'd never seen a naked resistor before. It's a surprise how long one can live before this happens. :-)

Reply to
Clive Page

Why not send a close up pic of the location where the resistor came from?..

Reply to
tony sayer