Can anyone identify a triac? (follow up to Bosch dishwasher)

Silly me.

My non-functioning solenoid valve has red and yellow wires; red and yellow wires at control board go to a relay. BUT, solenoid wires become red and blue somewhere in transit, and one of these goes to a tiny surface mount triac (at least, it looks like a triac footprint) which carries the designations 29M and F933.

Is there even any point my trying to solder on a replacement? I had to fire up the USB microscope even to read the numbers. I have a small thermostatically controlled iron, desoldering braid and sucker.

Having ordered a relay, I'm half tempted to try to drive it using the signal from the faulty triac.

Reply to
Newshound

On second thoughts,

reckons they can repair them for £34, which seems pretty reasonable (instead of £160 for a new board)

Reply to
Newshound

I dont recognise those numbers. Just work out what triac specs you need, and pick accordingly.

NT

Reply to
NT